I need to confess that I am a big lover of sweets. I just can’t resist a chocolate or a cake. My favourite one is carrot cake and I am so happy I can prepare myself at home, fast and easy, of course. I’ll give you the recipe in the next posts, I promise. And I never refuse a cheesecake. I’m sure you heard about a lot of cheesecake recipes. It’s a common cake and I’m sure most of you tried to prepare at list once. I know I owe you this recipe from a previous post and here it is. It’s in the same manner “fast and easy” and the success is warranted to the cheesecake lovers or to your unexpected guests.
Cream cheese – 1kg, sugar (agave syrup) – 200g (200ml), eggs – 6, melted butter – 175g, vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon, salt – 0.5 teaspoon, white flour – 6 tablespoons, wheat semolina – 4 tablespoons, baking powder – 5g, raisins (forest fruits) – 100g
1. Set the pie pan (28cm diameter) onto a backing paper and butter the borders. Preheat the oven to 150-160°C.
2. Put the cream cheese in a bowl.
3. Separate egg whites from yolks, and put the yolks into the cream cheese bowl.
4. Mix the cheese cream with yolks, melted butter, sugar (agave syrup) and vanilla extract. Use a spatula until well blended. (I used agave syrup).
5. Add white flour, baking powder and salt, mix together.
6. Then, add wheat semolina and raisins (forest fruits), mix together.
7. Mix egg whites with electric mixer at the highest level.
8. Add the egg whites to the cheese composition in 2-3 steps and mix gently up and down.
9. Bake one hour to one hour 10 minutes to 160°C or until the center is almost set.
10. Remove the cheesecake from the oven after an hour. Once the cheesecake is cool, add powder sugar or chocolate sauce.
Have a sweet day!